Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Art Challenge

I was never much of a Prince fan. (An American Pop/Rock star) I mean, I liked him o.k., and I knew his songs but I wouldn't say I was a big fan.
Until he died. Often how it goes with artists, isn't it? They die and you realize what a talent was lost. But seriously, the media put everything "Prince" out there they could find. And I read it or watched it. He was a force to be sure. A talented song writer-many of which were recorded by others that I had no idea were his.  He could play a guitar with the best of them. And did. He had a wicked sense of humor. And was a little odd. All signs of a true artist.

I would have done this last week but I had another Challenge already in place. So as a tribute to the late Prince, your challenge is to make a work of art using Purple!  I am aware that some of these challenges will not float your boat but that's not the point! The point is to create something using the challenge. Working within that constraint really does the opposite of constrain you. You will find that instead of limiting you, it opens you up to the endless possibilities that lie in that fertile brain of yours!

I'm not sure how I will do this yet--and that's the challenge!! I look forward to seeing some purple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment