Friday, September 10, 2010

Still life with fruit


I did a demo for class the other day. When you work fast and don't over think it, things stay fresh and loose. This was done to show how to use a split primary palette-warm and cool of each primary. I love to work with fruit.  While not as complex as a flower, you can always find fruit and vegetables! 

It is always better to work from life.  The nice thing about still life is that it stays the same, like a photo.  Unless it's fruit!  I've done a still life with fruit for a class and forgot the fruit in my bag for weeks!  Not a good idea.

And always remember,  everything looks better in a mat!

1 comment:

  1. I love painting/ drawing fruit too, it always turns out, even if i feel like I messed up or didn't do my best work. And like people each piece is unique, i love that.

    ReplyDelete