Thursday, December 5, 2013

How To Make This Christmas More Creative

Something as simple as Christmas lights can be an expression of creativity.
Have you seen those houses that have whole light shows?  


I love art and artists!  I enjoy every form of art.  I love, love, love, (did I say LOVE) music and have great respect for those who have mastered those skills to a point where they can express themselves creatively.  (just like any artist and art form)  Because I know the work it takes to master a set of skills in the visual arts, and because I've dabbled at playing the piano and singing in choirs, I am always in awe of the creativity behind a musical composition or vocal arrangements and so on.  Below is a link to some pretty creative guys and a piano for your viewing pleasure :)

The arts bring a fullness to life that I think we can take for granted.  I gave myself and now you, the challenge to find ways to make art a more intentional part of the holidays.  How can you do that?  Its as simple as buying a new Christmas CD.  Below is a list I've made.  See if any of these ideas hit a note with you.  Any ideas I missed?  Do you have any creative ideas?  Leave a comment on my blog or Facebook page MichelleMorrisArt so we can share ideas and creativity this Holiday Season!    

I saw this on Facebook and wanted to share some Holiday Cheer as well as some pretty creative guys and a piano!  



                                                  Link:  Angels We Have Heard on High

Some Creative Ideas for this Christmas:
  • create a painting and use it to make your own Christmas Cards
  • gather a group of friends and go caroling
  • have a party and invite others to bring a gift to exchange they made (a twist on the white elephant) 
  • find a new way to dress your tree that reflects your personality
  • attend the Nutcracker preformed by your local ballet troupe
  • attend the symphony's holiday performance
  • for those with snow: have you ever though of a snow man as sculpture?  Build a creative snowman!
  • do a visual journal for advent 
  • write a song or some poetry with the holiday theme
  • take your camera and shoot your favorite aspect of the holidays in a creative way
The list is as endless as we are creative!   Have a creative holiday season and a happy (creative) Thursday!  





No comments:

Post a Comment