Monday, January 7, 2013

Day Seven

First, thank you for so many kind comments! I am enjoying this but finding inspiration is the hard part. Always inspiring to me are people. After attending another Charles Reid workshop in Nov., he told me I needed to paint the human form as often as possible to keep the skills up.  I've been away from it for a while, but made it a point to heed his warning. Use it or lose it, as they say. (after this 30 days I will write about the workshop--many of you are waiting I know!)

So today I began a new life drawing class downtown.  I met some nice people (hello Shirly!) and had 3 hours of uninterupted time to paint. After only a few weeks (OK, months!) away from painting people I was rusty.  And then add the pressure of needing a painting to share for my 30 day challenge!  While it's not great, I felt I could post it without a lot of shame!  whew!  Here is Steve. Skin tones are muddy, but next week I get another chance!

So, Day Seven.  Check!  I find myself really searching throughout each day for new things to paint.  Being mindful of your surroundings and in tune with what inspires you is much of the creative process.  I also dont have time to commit to the perfect painting, which is in it's own right an excercise worth doing! In a way it's pressure to paint daily.  But in another way its freeing.  Not only do I not have time to paint a masterpiece-tomorrow is another painting and another chance to get it right!! 

Thanks for reading, commenting and coming back for more!  You make it worth the effort!  Now go do something creative! 



No comments:

Post a Comment