Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day Twenty

This 30 paintings in 30 days has pushed me in two ways. First it has made me (obviously) paint daily, instead of when the mood strikes. I usually do laundry first and paint last. And if I don't feel it, I wont paint it. Well, like love, feeling like it is not what has carried me through so far!

The second thing I've done is revisit the photograph. Going through reference photos has been a wealth of inspiration! While I always feel painting from something that's right in front of you is preferable, we don't always have that luxury! And what do we do with all those photos we took? Well, I've been using them these days!

Below is a sketch from a photo I took this fall when we went apple picking. I can feel the sun on my back and hear the bee's buzzing past my ears. And I can taste the tart warm apples picked right off the tree!

Another day, another. Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment