Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three


I really enjoy Christmas. I love receiving and creating cards and I love decorating the house in new and creative ways, entertaining and making special foods.  I think one thing that makes Christmas so special is that its only once a year!  Many things - cards from far away friends, family and friends we make it a point to see at the holidays - these things we only do and see once a year, are special then.

Today is going to be a busy day so I thought I would get my painting done right away first thing.  These snowmen were all gifts and come out to play every Christmas.  I set them up as a still life for my class and had such fun painting them I wanted to revisit them before packing them away for another year!  I see these snowmen only once a year for a few weeks, making them special and even more charming!  So before I pack them away for good, I thought I'd have some fun with them.  A continuous line drawing adds a playful quality to the painting.   ( no, this is not a departure from my "regular" work, but line drawing is a warm up exercise as well as something I play with to have fun and use often in my sketch book) 

So away they go for another year, just like real snowmen when they melt!  Until next year! Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment