Friday, November 26, 2010

day 7

OK.  I know I'm basically writing for myself.  And what do you think, if anything, is to be gained?  Well, the act of writing this blog is creative!  So, I have achieved my goal just by writing this if I continue on through the rest of the month.  Is that sneaky or what??
I will admit, I have been really busy and am having a hard time with writing every day.  But I am trying to stay true to my goal of making Christmas memorable with new memories.  Some things will stick and become tradition.  Many, like the drink I tried yesterday from -wait for it- the Martha Stewart website, are just not keepers.  (Yes, even Martha has a bad idea now and then!) But the centerpiece was a winner.
Today was "Black Friday".  I never go out on the busiest shopping day of the year.  I don't like the crowds.  But today I thought I'd give it a try.  That is also not going to be a tradition!  I saw on the news the people, mostly women, waiting in the rain for the stores to open at midnight.  In an interview one woman said they all eat Thanksgiving dinner and then the women leave and go to the outlet malls and shop all night.  "It's a tradition" one said.  To each his/her own!
So, I tried to shake it up with a Black Friday shopping trip.  And where did I do the most damage.  At home online!  But I did something different.  At least I'm trying new things.  And that my friend can bring up creative ideas in your mind.  By putting myself in a situation I usually tend to avoid I did come up with some creative gift ideas.  Which will have to be bought another day...
Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment